ASE Certified Master Automotive Technicians
The Area’s Auto Repair Experts - Portland, Oregon
Vincent Vierck, along with his wife Becky, opened Re-Born Automotive in Portland, OR in 1983. Vince has been working on European vehicles since he was still in high school. He has always had a passion for the auto repair industry, and he wanted to help the people in his community by providing them with quality, dependable, trustworthy auto repairs and services.
For the past 34 years, Re-Born Automotive has specialized in providing quality repair and maintenance services for both European and Asian vehicles. In addition, we've been working on select late model domestic vehicles since 2012. Our certified technicians stand behind all of our repairs and services with an industry-leading warranty, removing any worry you may have otherwise experienced at other auto repair facilities.
Currently, Re-Born Automotive has three Master ASE and two ASE Certified technicians. In addition, both Vince and Becky are AMi Graduates. We are an Oregon Eco Biz certified and ASE Blue Seal Facility. We are also members of other auto repair associations, including ASA, AAA, NATA, and NFIB.
Our technicians have many years of experience and training in providing quality repairs and services for most makes and models, including vintage British vehicles, and use only the latest equipment. When you visit our shop, our technicians are happy to answer all of your questions, and they'll guide you through each step of your vehicle’s the repair process. They'll show you why we are the leading auto repair shop in Portland, OR!
At Re-Born Automotive, we're just a bunch or regular and honest folks, who have been servicing the greater Portland area for 34 years and counting. We have a convenient location, awesome lobby area, and offer a free courtesy shuttle to our clients.
Visit or call our facility today, and see for yourself why Re-Born Automotive is the premier auto repair shop in Portland, OR!
Meet Our Team
Vince and Becky Vierck opened Re-Born Automotive in 1983. Vince has been working on European cars since he was in high school and has a passion for anything with wheels and has always strived to take the automotive industry to new levels and with Becky’s creativity it’s interesting at the shop. Vince and Becky both enjoy spending time with their kids, grandkids, camping and working their property. Vince enjoys building Craftsmen era furniture in his wood shop at home and restoring his small collection of British and German cars. They both enjoy music and festivals with the occasional craft brew thrown in the mix. If you don’t see them at the shop, they’re probably home working on some home improvement project.
Hans Vierck, Manager. Hans joined Re-Born Automotive in 2010 bringing his natural mechanical ability and diagnostic reasoning skills to our team. Hans grew up in the automotive industry and was always taking things apart and fixing them, he rebuilt his first VW bug carburetor at the age of five. He has a gift with anything mechanical and has become one of the finest ASE Certified diagnostic technicians in Portland. Hans loves spending time with his wife, 3 children and two dogs. Hans took over as manager in September 2019 allowing Vince and Becky to step back frpm their daily tasks at the shop.
Dave comes to Re-Born through our merge with The Import Garage in 2005. Dave is an ASE Certified Master Technician and L-1 certified. Dave is very strong in the repair of Japanese cars and is regarded as one of the finest Vintage British car technicians in Portland. He takes great pride in scoring 100% on all his ASE certification tests. He is a wealth of information, and you’ll never catch him at breaks or lunch without reading the latest automotive trade magazines. Dave lives in Gresham with his wife and enjoys NASCAR, gardening and going to county fairs.
Saimir brings incredible work ethics and mechanical ability to our team since 2001. He is ASE certified and has strengths in both European and Japanese car service and repair. He takes great pride in his work and his ability to get the tough stuff completed, always done right and when promised. Saimir has been restoring a beautiful 72 VW Camper Bus, painted lime green with big whitewalls. The engine rebuild was recently completed and he and his wife now enjoy camping trips in this sweet ride. Saimir lives in Gresham with his wife and herd of cats.
Pat is the guy to keep the shop clean, and has worked for Re-Born since 2003. He takes great pride in keeping a clean shop and organizing. As Pat puts it, “Someone has to do it, you guys are lucky you have me.” he likes going to Blazer games, playing golf, and playing the drums at his church. He rides his bike and has bus transfers to work and is never late, often arriving 30 minutes early. He has a special gift of giving you a “Hard Time”; he takes extreme pleasure in doing so. Pat lives in Portland with his cat Jenny 2 and appreciates his sister very much.
Code of Ethics
Looking for an honest mechanic in Portland?
Re-Born Automotive, Inc. is a member of the Automotive Service Association and subscribes to the following business practices:
- To perform high-quality repair service at a fair and just price
- To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed by reputable firms
- To employ the best-skilled technicians available
- To furnish an itemized invoice for fairly priced parts and services which clearly identifies any used or re-manufactured parts
- To provide customers the chance to inspect replaced parts upon request
- To have a sense of personal obligation to every customer
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance
- To offer the customer a price estimate for work to be performed
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept
- To maintain customer service records for a minimum of two years or more
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer’s property while in our possession
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customers’ complaints
- To cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation activities
- To uphold the high standards of our profession and always seek to correct any and all abuses within the automotive industry